National Bank, a 127 year-old bank with 25 locations throughout Southwest Virginia, is offering an excellent opportunity for an experienced audit professional to become a key member of the audit team in Blacksburg, Virginia.
This Audit Position is responsible for conducting audits of departments and functional areas. Duties include:
- Assisting with and conducting audits for holding company and subsidiaries including operational, financial, and compliance audits.
- Performing fieldwork, preparing detailed workpapers that identify assumptions, information sources and support conclusions, documenting testing and summarizing findings.
- Upon completion of audits, document findings, exceptions and recommendations and determine materiality of comments.
- Communicating findings in a tactful, persuasive manner to gain information and present conclusions.
The position requires critical thinking and problem solving abilities along with organizational, planning, and self-management skills. The successful candidate has effective interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication and has demonstrated professionalism in working with confidential and sensitive matters. One to three years audit experience is required. One to three years audit experience within the financial industry is preferred. Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field or an equivalent level of training and experience is a definite plus. No overnight travel. Occasional day travel required.
Interested applicants should send resume and a completed application to the address listed at right. EOE M/F/disability/veteran
Bank Card Assistant
National Bank is seeking a positive, team oriented candidate to provide exceptional customer service to our bank customers. Duties include: data management, processing account payments, maintaining cardholder files, assisting in branch operations, explaining statements and responding to customer questions regarding debit and credit card transactions. Organizational skills and good telephone etiquette are required. This full time position comes with health, dental, life and long term disability insurance and a generous retirement package. Salary commensurate with experience. Interested applicants should send a resume and a completed application to the address listed at right. EOE M/F/disability/veteran
Bank Teller - Montgomery County
National Bank is currently seeking candidates for a full-time Teller position in Montgomery County. We offer a professional working environment along with great schedules. The successful candidate must enjoy a team atmosphere and be committed to providing outstanding customer service. Prior retail experience is a definite plus. National Bank offers full-time employees a benefits package that includes health, dental, life and long term disability insurance and excellent retirement plans. Interested applicants should send a resume and a completed application to the address listed at right. EOE M/F/disability/veteran
IT Technician for Computer, Server and Networking Services
National Bank is currently seeking candidates for a full-time IT Technician in Blacksburg, VA. This position will help maintain our office computing environment by identifying system requirements, installing upgrades, monitoring system performance and resolving issues as they arise. Good oral and written communication, research and analytical skills are required. Previous banking experience is a plus.
- Windows Operating Systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and the Microsoft Office Suite
- PC Environment
- Experience creating and modifying accounts in Exchange and Active Directory
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- System Administration
- Network Hardware/Software Configuration
- Remote Access (VPN, Remote Desktop Connection)
- Various Software Installations
- Data/Tape Backups
- Computer Hardware Installation/Replacement
- Copy Machine and Printer Troubleshooting
- Customer service and results oriented
- Preferred candidates will have 3+ years of experience with administration and support of an enterprise LAN\WAN environment and experience administering server environments.
- Experience with Windows servers, VMWare, Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, and Unified Communications.
- Ability to handle change and a self-starting attitude are required. Ability to work independently and coordinate with others to prioritize projects as well as combining research and expertise to assist organization.
- Able to provide on call and after hours support as necessary.
- Professional Certifications such as CCNP, CCNA, MCT, or VCA a plus, but not required.
National Bank offers an exceptional benefit package. Salary commensurate with experience. Interested applicants should send a resume and a completed application to the address listed at right. EOE M/F/disability/veteran
Real Estate Loan Assistant - Blacksburg
National Bank is accepting applications for a full-time Real Estate Loan Assistant in Blacksburg. The successful candidate will assist in the daily operations of processing and servicing real estate loans to be retained in the bank’s portfolio. This position will also ensure that real estate loans are in compliance with bank policies, laws and regulations. In addition to other duties, this position will be responsible for processing paid loans and releases. Good computer and proof reading skills are required. Real estate closing experience and banking knowledge is a definite plus. National Bank offers full-time employees a benefits package that includes health, dental, life and long term disability insurance and excellent retirement plans. Salary commensurate with experience. Interested applicants should send a resume and a completed application to the address listed at right. EOE M/F/disability/veteran